Assessment of Performance toward Proficiency in Languages (AAPPL)
Utah State Board of Education (USBE) has contracted with Language Testing International (LTI) to provide the AAPPL assessment to schools participating in Utah’s Dual Language Immersion program. For more information on Jordan District's Dual Language Immersion program, visit their link.
2017 Testing Window: October 23 – November 17
|Grade Level||Summative Tests||Form||Time|
|Grade 3||Interpersonal Listening/Speaking||A||30 min|
|Grade 4||Interpretive Listening and Reading + Presentational Writing||A||60 min|
|Grade 5||Interpersonal Listening/Speaking||A||30 min|
|Grade 6||Interpretive Listening and Reading + Presentational Writing||A||60 min|
|Grade 7||Interpersonal Listening/Speaking||B||30 min|
|Grade 8||Interpretive Listening and Reading + Presentational Writing||B||60 min|
|Grade 9||Interpersonal Listening/Speaking||B||30 min|
- Make sure you have enough headsets
- Schedule a computer lab. Make sure your school testing coordinator and computer specialist know when and where you are testing. You may need their assistance.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.actfl.org/assessment-professional-development/assessments-the-actfl-testing-office/aappl/aappl-measure-faqs
- Try out the demo test items in the computer lab: https://www.actfl.org/assessment-professional-development/assessments-the-actfl-testing-office/aappl/demo
- View the tips videos for how to best answer questions: https://www.actfl.org/assessment-professional-development/assessments-the-actfl-testing-office/aappl/tips
- Have students take the practice test and view tips videos
- When you receive your account notification (around Oct 16), make sure you can log in: https://tms.languagetesting.com/clientsite/
- Print student login information
- Check with the school testing coordinator and see if any students have opted out
- Students log in using this link: https://aappl.actfltesting.org/
- After students begin testing, use this account to view the status of each test (not started, completed, partially completed, etc)
- Schedule make-up testing sessions as needed
- Listen to student speaking test responses by clicking on the “speaker” icons.
- Read student writing test responses by click on the “pencil and paper” icons.
- Export test data to Excel.
- Print score reports by clicking on “Print Certificates.” https://www.actfl.org/assessment-professional-development/assessments-the-actfl-testing-office/aappl/scores
For questions about AAPPL test administration and accounts, please contact
- Brooke Anderson: 801-567-8393 (ext 88393) or email@example.com
- Leticia Thomas:
- Gaylene Miller: 801-567-8112 (ext 88112) or firstname.lastname@example.org