Grade Level: K-12
Content Area: English Language Proficiency (ELP)
Testing Window: January 8, 2024 – March 8, 2024
Remote Testing Allowed: No
Student Data: UTREx – one statewide extract in November. LEAs must add new students into WIDA-AMS after this onetime UTREx extract.
Student Results: Online Reports are available early May 2024 in WIDA-AMS. Printed Reports will be shipped to LEAs mid-May 2024.
Your WIDA contact is JoLynn Snelgrove 801-567-8419 or email@example.com.
This test is administered to your ELL students who are at LPL levels 1, 2, 3, or 4.
Materials from the WIDA Consortium
- ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Online Sample Items for the Public. Try out these interactive items to learn about the look and feel of the new ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 online assessment!
- Sample Items Instructions
- Preparation Resources
WIDA will continue to have a paper-based assessment for Kindergarten as well as the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs assessment (for students with significant cognitive disabilities). These assessments will not change and the training for these two is currently available in the WIDA Training Course, which can be accessed using a WIDA account.
What is WIDA?
WIDA is a consortium of 43 states. WIDA advances academic language development and academic achievement for linguistically diverse students through high quality standards, assessments, research, and professional development for educators. Each year, WIDA touches the lives of millions of students and educators as it furthers educational equity and success for PreK-12 English language learners."
Materials and Resources
- WIDA Access Test Administration Manual
- DRC Insight Technology User Guide
- WIDA AMS User Guide
- Grades 4-12 Test Administrator Script
- ACCESS Test Administrator Essentials
- WIDA Access Accommodations and Accessibility Manual
- Listening Test Considerations
- Reading Test Considerations
- Speaking Test Considerations
- Writing Test Considerations