The Jordan District Board of Education and Administration encourage and support the conduct of research that can be useful in improving District operational and instructional programs. The Research Review Committee has been established to review and approve research requests that are appropriate and have educational value to the District. All requests for research must be approved by this committee.
The guidelines and application for submitting your request to conduct research in the District are listed below. Your completed application and any supporting documentation should be submitted to Evaluation, Research & Accountability for consideration by the Research Review Committee. You will be advised by letter regarding the committee’s disposition of your application as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any questions.
Director of Evaluation, Research & Accountability
Research Review Committee Member
Research Project Approval Guidelines
- Prior to conducting a research project in Jordan School District, approval must be obtained from the District Research Review Committee.
- To initiate the review process, a research project application form must be completed and submitted to the Director of Evaluation, Research & Accountability. The online application may be found at the bottom of this page.
- Research project applications must be accompanied by a project proposal and must include a copy of all instruments that will be used.
- Research projects that require the participation of teachers and/or students during the first two weeks or the last thirty days of the school year generally will not be approved.
- Research proposal approval generally will be limited to those projects that complete the requirements associated with a graduate thesis, dissertation or practicum.
- Research applications are reviewed on a monthly basis.
- Approval of the research project application by the Research Review Committee authorizes the applicant to proceed with the research. However, Research Review Committee approval does not necessarily obligate the participation of any school or employee of Jordan School District.
- Following committee approval of the project, no changes in methodology or instrumentation may be made unless approved by the Research Review Committee.
- Upon completion of the research project, a copy of the project's findings is to be submitted to the Director of Evaluation, Research & Accountability to be added to the District’s Research Library.