Assessment of Performance toward Proficiency in Languages (AAPPL)
Utah State Board of Education (USBE) has contracted with Language Testing International (LTI) to provide the AAPPL assessment to schools participating in Utah’s Dual Language Immersion program. For more information on Jordan District's Dual Language Immersion program, visit their link.
2020 Testing Window: October 26 - December 11
|Grade Level||Summative Tests||Form||Time|
|Grade 3||Interpersonal Listening/Speaking||A||30 min|
|Grade 4||Interpretive Listening and Reading + Presentational Writing||A||60 min|
|Grade 5||Interpersonal Listening/Speaking||A||30 min|
|Grade 6||Interpretive Listening and Reading + Presentational Writing||A (Chinese)
|Grade 7||Interpersonal Listening/Speaking||B||30 min|
|Grade 8||Interpretive Listening and Reading + Presentational Writing||B||60 min|
|Grade 9||Interpretive Listening and Reading + Presentational Writing + AP Test (the AP test will be taken in May)||B||90 min|
- Make sure you have enough headsets
- Try out the headsets to make sure they work and you know how to troubleshoot them
- Schedule a computer lab. Make sure your school testing coordinator and computer specialist know when and where you are testing. You may need their assistance.
- Be sure to schedule speaking tests early in the window to allow for scoring (two weeks) and then students who will need to retake the test.
- Review the Proctoring Guides: https://aapplcentral.com/proctoring-guides/
- Try out the demo test items in the computer lab: https://www.languagetesting.com/aappl2-demo
- View the tips videos for how to best answer questions: https://www.actfl.org/actfl-assessment-performance-toward-proficiency-languages/tips
- Have students take the practice test and view tips videos
- When you receive your account notification (around Oct 16), make sure you can log in: https://tms.languagetesting.com/clientsite/
- Print student login information (Teacher training materials)
- Check with the school testing coordinator and see if any students have opted out
- Students log in using this link: https://aappl2.actfltesting.org/login
- After students begin testing, use this account to view the status of each test (not started, completed, partially completed, etc)
- Schedule make-up testing sessions as needed
- Listen to student speaking test responses by clicking on the “speaker” icons.
- Read student writing test responses by click on the “pencil and paper” icons.
- Export test data to Excel.
- Print score reports by clicking on “Print Certificates.”
- AAPPL Performance Benchmarks, Grades 3-9 (updated Aug 2018)
- UT's AAPPL site
- Youtube AAPPL tutorials
- Technical Tips and Troubleshooting
- AAPPL Client Site Manual 2018
- AAPPL Testing and Proctoring Guide
- AAPPL Technical Requirements
- Proficiency Guidelines
For questions about AAPPL test administration and accounts, please contact
- Brooke Anderson: 801-567-8393 (ext 88393) or email@example.com
- Kira Jensen: 801-567-8112 (ext 88112) or firstname.lastname@example.org