The Scholastic Reading Inventory (SRI) is a computer adaptive test for students in grades K-12 that provides an assessment of reading. Results are reported in Lexile reading levels and are used to measure the student's ability to comprehend literary and expository text. All questions are multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank style. The questions require students to recall facts or use inferential skills to identify the best answer choice. The questions are generated from a test bank with over 5000 questions.
Students are presented with questions based on a reading passage. When students answer a question correctly, the next question gets harder; however, if answered incorrectly, the questions gets easier. The questions continue until a strong level of certainty of the test taker’s ability is obtained and a score is provided based on the Lexile Framework for Reading.
SRI manages data and reports in the Scholastic Achievement Manager (SAM), the data backbone for all Lexile®-based Scholastic reading programs. SRI, in addition to automatically scoring and analyzing student performance data, provides educators with several reports and letters that support universal screening, instructional placement, progress monitoring, and AYP reporting needs.
Links to the 4 Scholastic Achievement Manager (SAM) servers
Secondary South: http://sris.jordan.k12.ut.us:55880/slms/educatoraccess
- BHS, CMMS, ERMS, FHMS, OHMS, RHS, SHMS, SJMS
Secondary North: http://srin.jordan.k12.ut.us:55880/slms/educatoraccess
- CHHS, HHS, JPJMS, Rivers Edge, SRMS, VHS, WHMS, WJHS, WJMS
Elementary 1: http://srielementary1.jsd.ad:55880/slms/educatoraccess
- Bastian --> Majestic
Elementary 2: http://srielementary2.jsd.ad:55880/slms/educatoraccess
- Midas Creek --> Westvale
Elementary SRI rosters are updated by the district at the beginning of each school year. Secondary SRI rosters are updated by the district at the beginning of each quarter.
Tutorials & Guides
- How to manually add students (new to district only): https://youtu.be/vObnMhB3OZU
- Activating a student's account (students transferring within district): https://youtu.be/bDU5ZHsXN1k
- Deactivating teacher accounts: https://youtu.be/mMiIuEcGROk
- How to add a class in SAM: https://youtu.be/ar0EF4mnurE
- Updating class rosters in SAM: https://youtu.be/fyJbNy6bf3Q
- Exporting all scores: https://youtu.be/2sUMUG1gT6k
- Looking up individual scores in SAM: https://youtu.be/Sybzajsgd08
- Viewing reports: https://youtu.be/EyDguawp5BQ